Monday, November 23, 2009

Spider Veins and Martial Arts

Swell, just swell...now that i finally feel better (only cuz I am used to the feeling crappy and other weird body things by now) I have swelling in my feet that is so bad it has given cause to EVERYone to call me Betty Flinstone, I now have skintags all over my freakin body in the weirdest places of course and I have spider veins that look like my legs are gonna burst one day and then they are gone the next! BY THE WAY no one or no book ever says it but spider veins hurt dude-really they do like a big bad bruise!

At first the drs were concerned the swelling was preclampsia and I was in and out of the dr offices for two wks bloodwork and yada yada b/c no one has ever seen someone swell like this at such an early stage in their pregnancy unless they had gestational diabetes or preclampsia. Well well well WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

Oh yeah I can get used to this too but the good thing about these days and the Second Trimester for me...I feel my son moving. I mean no more gassy stomach aches or feeling him swim (flutters) around in there! This is real movements like specific punches to my chest or kicks to my bladder! Ergo my son is a black belt in karate already! Sometimes I will admit I ask him very nicely to stop kicking his mother but then sometimes I end up yelling at him to stop because dude it really hurts! By the way have I mentioned my pain threshold has always been pretty damn great? Yeah never screamed or even cried with the 4 spinal taps or when I broke my arm and the bone was sticking out!

Till now that is...put a 1/2 pounder the length of a carrot in your belly and see how u feel!!! I have said to well very close friends and a couple family members (for if it were anyoneelse it may have been taken the wrong way!) this kid better come out worshipping his mother and the ground she walks on! Really the most beautiful experience of my life!!

1 comment:

  1. Just wait till he gets the hiccups. It's cute at first... ;)

    ReplyDelete